My visit to the Hiller Aviation Museum was great .I learned a lot. My dad and I played a game called Flight Simulator. It was a lot of fun. What you do in the game is that you steer an airplane all around the Bay Area. You can see Oakland Zoo, Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge and many other landmarks. I steered my plane around San Francisco International Airport and Half Moon Bay Airport. However, I had a tough time landing so the plane experts helped me a bit. The good thing was my dad was very, very , very bad at landing. So, he flew over the Bay Bridge and under The Golden Gate Bridge.
Now for the educational part for those who are waiting. We learned about many planes. For example, most people who read this would think that The Wright Flyer or Orville and Wilbur’s plane was the first plane ever. That is wrong. The first plane ever was called The Avitor. So, if you thought it was The Wright Flyer, you are off by 34 years. The reason most people did not know about it was because the plane was actually unmanned! The aircraft took 6 minutes to fly but went at 5 mph. Later, it was burned down and lost forever. We also saw the world’s first blimp. What was very fun was that I got to sit in a Blue Angels Plane. I also sat in many other planes. The most exciting part was that I got to steer a plane’s tail slowly back and forth. The second most exciting thing was that I got to sit in a pilot and co-pilot’s seat in a real cockpit and in a really old airplane. I even got to hear which plane was going to take-off and land at SFO International. The rest of the things were old plane parts. I learned about a terrorist attack in the 20th century. Some modern things I learned was that Stanford University recently launched a wingless airplane that flew. Also, that the fastest plane ever is the Boeing 787 which is going to be created. The world’s fastest jet is called The Concord. Unfortunately, they banned it because while it was flying domestically in the USA the sound was so loud that the ears of goats got dead in Saudi Arabia which is in The Middle East.
Now I will talk about female aviation history. Scientists think they have found an answer to the question that puzzled them for years: Where did Amelia Earhart disappear? Amelia Earhart’s plane took off on May 20, 1937 from Oakland, California. She longed to become the first woman to steer a plane all around the world. Sadly, in 13 days she disappeared somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Scientists think that Amelia disappeared in Nikumaroro, an island in Kiribati. She probably lived her final few days there. The evidence that scientists have is a pocketknife that either is Amelia’s or looks something like it.
This was a fun trip to the museum!
No comments:
Post a Comment